Did you know that 94% of Americans eat pizza regularly? Americans eat approximately 100 acres of pizza a day, or about 350 slices per second. That’s a lot of pizza! If you’re like most Americans, you love a good pizza party. Don’t do the same old pepperoni pizza every time, switch it up with these fun variations.
- 2-1/2 cups cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put your cauliflower into a food processor until finely chopped and then transfer into a large bowl. Place the bowl in the microwave for eight minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Mix in the lightly beaten egg, mozzarella, parmesan, oregano and garlic powder with a sprinkle of salt and pepper to the cauliflower.
- Take the mixture and pat it into a 10 inch round shape (approximately) and put onto the baking sheet with some nonstock spray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add your pizza sauce and topping, bake until cheese is melted (about 10 minutes) and enjoy!
Polenta Pizza Crust
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup coarsely ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup parmesan
- Brush a layer of olive oil onto a baking sheet.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine milk, water and a sprinkle of salt. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium.
- Slowly whisk in cornmeal.
- Turn heat to low and simmer the mixture while whisking frequently until thick, which should take 10-15 minutes. You want the consistency to be about the same as a thick oatmeal.
- Remove from heat, stir in one tablespoon of olive oil, beaten egg and parmesan cheese.
- Spread the polenta onto the baking sheet, about 1/2 inch thick. Work quickly so the polenta does not harden. Brush the polenta dough with olive oil.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place baking sheet with polenta on it into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove, add sauce, your favorite toppings and cheese.
- Place back in oven for 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!